Steer Your Career: 30 Life-Enhancing Things You Can Do in 30 Minutes or Less
May 3, 2012
via Marc and Angel Hack Life
Practical Tips for Productive Living
Many of us attempt to measure our happiness based on the duration of certain favorable experiences in our lives. The longer a favorable experience lasts, the happier we think we’ll be. But the truth is, life is simply a string of small, independent moments that are always changing. Thus, a few minutes well spent here and there can make a big difference in what we get out of life in the long-term.
Here are 30 things you can do in 30 minutes or less that will have a positive emotional effect on you and those closest to you. And yes, I realize that some of these suggestions may lead to activities and projects that will likely take longer than 30 minutes to complete; but they still take far less than 30 minutes to start. So go ahead and do the hardest part, use the next 30 minutes to START, and then pick up where you left off tomorrow.
1. Learn something new by starting a free course at one of the hundreds of online self-education resources bookmarked here: 12 Dozen Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free.
2. Watch one of the thousands of educational videos streaming at TED.com, Academic Earth, or Khan Academy.
3. Read an online book list and find a new book to grab next time you’re at the library. Here’s another list. And another. And another. And another. Or find a good read on Amazon’s Best Sellers List.
4. Start reading a classic book online for free at Project Gutenberg, The Online Books Page, Gizmo’s Free Books Online, or the E-books Directory.
5. Take a 30 minute break and work on something that’s meaningful to you. Engage yourself in a meaningful personal project, or pull the trigger on starting something you’ve wanted to do for a long time, but haven’t yet had the resolve to do.