Steer Your Career: "7 Steps to Incredible Personal Productivity"
Feb 2, 2012
By Jeff Haden | @jeff_haden | Inc.com
Occasionally you need to go the extra mile. Sometimes you need to complete a major project, tackle a task you’ve put off, or just knock out a ton of work in one day.
Here’s the best way to turn a normal workday into an incredibly productive workday:
1. Let Everyone Know – Interruptions destroy focus and kill productivity.
2. Set a Target – Commit to working for as long as you estimate it will take.
3. Start unusually early or unusually late - Set the stage for an unusually productive day by dramatically changing your normal routine.
4. Delay gratification - Hold off on whatever things you use to brighten up your workday, at least for a while.
5. Refuel and recharge before you need to – When endurance athletes wait until they are thirsty to drink they’ve waited too long. The same premise applies at work.
6. Don’t take rest breaks take productivity breaks – Newton’s Law of Productivity states that a productive person in motion tends to stay in motion. Maintaining momentum is everything.
7. Don’t stop until it’s done – Stopping simply because you’re tired or bored is habit-forming.
Read more on the steps here from Inc.com.