Member Milestones- June 2011
Jun 6, 2011
• We regrettably announce that Denny Watson, Director of Ticket Sales for the MB Pelicans, Steering Committee member, Education Committee liaison and friend to us all will be leaving us to attend business school at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. We are sad to lose such a vital part of our Board and community, but wish him nothing but the best in his new venture and hope that he will return for a visit very soon! We will miss that cheery smile!
• Chris Heath will be the Pelicans new Director of Ticket Sales at the Pelicans BB&T Coastal Field.
• Congratulations to gsSCENE members and Leadership Grand Strand Class 31 graduates:
o Ellen Calhoun, A&I Fire and Water Restoration
o Brian Ferguson, First Federal
o Sara Hardee, Nexsen Pruet
o Shannon Haswell, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
o Terrance Herriott, Conway National Bank
o Madeleine Windstead, Myrtle Beach Area Hospitality Association
o And a special thanks to Eileen Soisson, of The Meeting Institute, for leading the class sessions!
• Ted Cligrow is now the President/Owner of Carolina Home Exteriors in Murrells Inlet, which offers Sunrooms, Screen/Pool Enclosures, Patio Lanais, Vinyl Windows/Doors, Decks/Patios, Hot Tubs/Spas, Indoor/Outdoor Furniture and custom home improvements
• Blakely Jenkins was recently named to Board of Directors for Street Reach Myrtle Beach
• Ashley Purcell-Smith recently joined the The Carolina Opry team as their new Marketing Assistant.
• Jennifer Willard celebrated her five years of service at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament where she is the Marketing & Sales Manager.
• gsSCENE members, Blakely Jenkins, Kathleen King, Carla Schuessler and Sarah Tristler placed first in the women’s teams division at the Dirty Myrtle Mud Run, held on May 28, 2011. Their team, Dirty Dancers, completed the 3 mile race with obstacles with a time of 18:54.
• O’Neil McCoy and Jewel Singleton McCoy were wed on April and O’Neil recently accepted the position of General Manager at Broadway at the Beach.
• Roseanne Robertiello, Operating Partner of Gulfstream Café, married Luke Handelsman, Director of Operations for Myrtle Beach’s area Five Guys Burgers and Fries. The ceremony was held Friday, April 8th on The Riverwalk in Conway immediately followed by a reception at The Peanut Warehouse.